God gave me the opportunity to preach at Sandhills Community Church in Columbia, SC on July 2. My text was Revelation 1:4-8.
In the first 4 minutes I explained our new adventure which includes church starting and leadership coaching.
Whatever “BAD NEWS” is touching your life — God has GOOD NEWS to touch the hard painful places. The good news centers on our God who IS, who WAS, and who is TO COME. Enjoy!
I WELCOME YOUR COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS
June 19-21, 2015 at Fairhaven Retreat in Roan Mountain, TN.
See this Google Doc to find our more. or read below!
- Did you attend ETSU or ASU in the 70s and were involved in Campus Crusade now (CRU)?
- How would you like to get together and see what God has done IN and THROUGH our lives?
- How about a weekend in the beautiful TN mountains!
- A Reunion Event being planned for June 19-21,2015 in Johnson City area.
- Inviting students and CCC staff connected with ETSU and ASU in the 70s.
- KEEP READING TO:
- Find details on food and lodging
- See a list of those who are planning to attend
- Location: Fairhaven Retreat, near Roan Mountain ½ way between Johnson City and Boone. The cottages and chalets are set up the same and are the same price $80 per night (4 people = $20 each per night. Each unit has a queen bed in the master bedroom, above in the loft there are two single beds, and the couch in the main room is a queen hide-a-bed.
- Steps to Register:
- Phone Call : Call Mary at Fairhaven 423-772-4269 – She would like for someone representing each unit to call and make the registration under “Cru ETSU Reunion.”
- A check for the $50.00 deposit can be mailed in, or a payment can be made at the website: fairhavenministries.net
- The lodge has no bedrooms but is for group gatherings and has a kitchen. We can gather and eat at the Lodge.
- Send photos to Joel Morgan (see contact info below) and he will prepare a slide show.
- FOOD – If you have food allergies or issues — email them to me at email@example.com . Pandora King and Bev Thomasson will be helping me plan meals Fri supper – Sun lunch. We will purchase food and let everyone know what the cost per person will be… can pay at the retreat.
- For people who cannot attend maybe we can do a video connect during the weekend. If you cannot come send Skype info and I will make a Skype group.
LIST OF THOSE PLANNING TO ATTEND — 19 or 20 depending on Joy Barker..as of 3/17
- Harold & Mary Lynnn Eubank
- Tim & Bev Thomasson
- Bob Thomas (Carolyn)
- Mike & Debbie Brown
- JOEL MORGAN (Rhaime) *
- Roy & Pandora King *planning to attend –
- Ron & Joy? Barker
- Lee & Kitty Bennett
- Roy Bowery (Judy)
- Chuck & Pat Thomas Edwards
1. May 14 – Columbia Intl University Commencements (www.ciu.edu)
2. May 18-21 – Missionary Training Intl. Board Meeting (www.mti.org)
3. May 22 – 35th Wedding Anniversary
4. June 3-6 – Exeter Chapel, RI Leadership Workshop & Preaching for 25th anniversary (www.exeterchapel.org/ )
5. June 6 – Columbia Intl. University President’s Advisory Committee Retreat
6. June 12 – Baby Dedication of Lilla Grace Rumsey (1st Grandchild) at Sandhills Community Church (www.sandhillschurch.org )
7. June 17 – July 1 – Vacation at Myrtle Beach Travel Park (www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com/
8. June 20 – North Myrtle Beach, SC 1More Bike Tour Stop Party hosted by Barefoot Church (www.barefootchurch.com)
9. June 25-26 – Preach Sat PM and 3x Sunday AM at Barefoot Church
10. June 26 — Sun PM Present the Gospel at a Concert in the Outdoor Pavilion Area at Myrtle Beach
11. June 29 – North Myrtle Beach, SC Video Tape President Bill Jones Discipleship & Leadership Resources hosted by Barefoot Church.
12. July 3 – Sandhills Community Church emcee for Robertson McQuilkin preaching on Marriage – CIU will videotape. (www.sandhillschurch.org )
13. July 7 – McLean Bible Church, VA, 1More Bike Tour Stop Party hosted by church ( www.mcleanbible.org/ )
14. July 17 – Chinese Christian Church, Columbia, SC – Preach to English and Chinese Congregations (cccchurch.us/
15. August 6 – Lakeland, FL – Perform Wedding
16. August 8-12 – Columbia, SC – Teach course Master’s and Doctoral students and attend the Willow Creek Leadership Summit broadcasts at CIU on Leadership Development (www.ciu.edu)
17. August 15-18 – Columbia Intl University Faculty & Seminary Workshops
18. August 25 – Columbia Intl. University – Thurs PM course for 15 weeks on Foundations of Leadership for Master’s Students 6:30-9:15 PM – (www.ciu.edu)
(updated March, 2010)
I need your prayer support for me to BE what I should be in my heart with God and for God’s Spirit to work in and through me and the listeners.
March 28 – Blythewood, SC
Leadership Workshop for Trinity UMC
April 14 – Columbia, SC
CIU Prayer Day – co-lead with Rev. Ron Barker of the SC Baptist Convention for the CIU family
April 22 – Columbia, SC
Host Arlene Richardson as chapel speaker on Women in Missions
May 10-13 – Columbia, SC
Assist with the CMA District Conference hosted by Sandhills Community Church
May 15 – Columbia, SC
May 19-22 – Colorado Springs, CO
MTI Board Meeting
June 11 – Columbia, SC
Chapel Speaker – Kirkland Correctional (CIU student/prisoners)
June 12 – Columbia, SC
African American CIU Alumni Gathering
July 19-30 – Hamilton, New Zealand
Teach course on Healthy Leadership at East West College of Intercultural Studies
July 30-Aug 1 – Cambridge, New Zealand
Lead a workshop for church leaders hosted by Raleigh Street Christian Centre and several churches and ministries
Aug 4-6 – Columbia, SC
Teach MIN 5411 & 9411 on Life Long Leadership Development as part of the Willow Creek Leadership Summit
September 16-18 – Columbia, SC
October 22-24 – Columbia, SC
Facilitate the internet broadcast of Lusanne Cape Town 2010 consultation on world evangelization with course credit option
Nov 5-8 – Perryville, RI
Bible Conference and Leadership Workshop
December 17 – Columbia, SC