Maybe it is part mid-life crisis and part empty nest but I have been under a sense of deep conviction in recent weeks. The only way I know to say it is, ” I am aware that I will answer to God for what he has given me.
Am I being a faithful steward?
Where is the balance between ego driven marketing of one’s “products & services” and humbly letting people know of the assignment I sense God has given to me?
I am not sure I manage this tension well. But I have been spending time with God seeking to get my motives right and to hear in a fresh way His assignment for me. HERE IS MY LATEST VERSION OF MY CALLING STATEMENT
I assist and encourage Christ followers, and especially ministry leaders, to live vibrantly and effectively for the long haul.
HOW do I invest in this contribution: 3 PRIMARY WAYS –
- TEACHING is a grace gift entrusted by Jesus Spirit to me so I may contribute to Christ followers being transformed by his grace and truth.
- COACHING is a set of skills I employ to help people get clarity and make progress in facilitating change.
- WRITING is a discipline to grow me as a communicator and a means for sowing in other hearts what God has made alive and fruitful in me.
BEING A MAN WITH A LIFESTYLE OF:
- TURNING to God in faith
- REJOICING in my Lord in hope
- and loving God and others through HONORING and GIVING
One of the places I come alive is when I am sitting with leaders over coffee or tea!
This document overviews my ministry and should answer most questions a leader or group might have if they are seeing how I might contribute
(Click to Download)