Roy and Pandora serve Christ by encouraging and assisting Christ followers, and especially cross-cultural ministry leaders, in being vibrant and effective over a lifetime.
For Roy, this passion is at the center of his teaching and coaching with the following groups:
- Indigenous church planters in the North Africa and Middle East (NAME) Region.
- Cross-cultural Teams serving in the NAME, Central Asia and Asia Regions.
- Church and parachurch leaders in the USA focused on impacting the least accessed people groups in the world with the good news of the Kingdom.
Pandora, works in these same regions and groups to offer consulting and training for parents and teachers in Special Education. Her 20+ years working with students with Autism has opened many doors for her to be a expression of the love and hope in Christ to:
- Christian and Muslim teachers, parents and therapists in the NAME region.
- Live Video Chat and face to face assistance to Cross-cultural parents and teachers serving in Asia through the AERC (Asian Educational Resource Co.)
- Grew up in Kingsport Tennessee
- Bachelor’s degree in Speech and Drama / History from East Tennessee State University in 1975
- Youth pastor
- Associate staff with Campus Crusade for Christ, now CRU, where he helped establish a campus ministry at Appalachian State University.
- Director of stewardship at CIU and Director of the Ben Lippen Conference from 1978 until 1983
- Assistant director of the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, Asheville, North Carolina 1983-1986. Responsible for planning, developing and promoting the training center, Dr. King led retreats and seminars and was a consultant on church effectiveness.
- Pastor of mission at Bent Creek Baptist Church in Asheville from 1986 to 1991. He assisted this rapidly growing congregation by providing direction and development of small groups, missions and evangelism ministries.
- From 1991 to 1997 he was pastor of Alliance Bible Fellowship (CMA) in Boone, North Carolina. He mobilized University students, professionals and retirees to live with a missional heart.
- Member of the CIU faculty from 1997 to 2016. He taught Leadership, Ethics and the Holy Spirit, and Creative Innovative Outreach in the Seminary to Master’s and Doctoral Students. He also did consulting and coaching with leaders in over 800 church and parachurch leaders in over 15 countries and USA. He also served as Director of Alumni for 8 years. He is now Professor Emeritus.
- Roy has written 3 books and 2 training manuals on leadership development.
- Grew up in Eastern North Carolina and is oldest of 3 sisters. Her parents still live there.
- Studied Special Ed at Appalachian State University, trained in disciple making through Campus Crusade (CRU).
- Married in 76 and helped Roy establish a fulltime CCC movement at ASU while finishing her degree.
- Taught Middle School Resource in Columbia and later in Asheville after becoming Mom of a daughter and son.
- Trained and certified in Learning Strategies by Univ. of Kansas Center for Research on Learning and did training for other teachers while continuing to teach.
- Taught in Boone, NC in a Center that had children ages 3 to 18 with a variety of special needs. Took a one year break to complete a Master’s in LD and also assisted in teaching at ASU.
- Since 97 — focus on preschool autism in Columbia, SC with training in TEAACH also used to train other teachers.
- Served as Autism Specialist for Richland District 2
- As a volunteer established and led preschool and elementary biblical discipleship of children in churches and also offered support through short term missions to families with special needs children.
- Assisted her son for two years in forming a home based church (missional community) with ministry to homeless families and a large immigrant family.
- Retired from teaching in December, 2016 and has been a substitute teacher in Horry County, SC.
Roy and Pandora have two grown children: Mary, an elementary teacher is married to David Rumsey, and Mark is a musician and businessman and married to Jelayne. We have three beautiful grandchildren who “Papa” and “Grandma” spoil without apology.
For References or more Information contact Roy & Pandora at firstname.lastname@example.org.