(Click below to listen or download this MP3 message)
This message was given in July 2008 at Chapel Hill Church near Hamilton New Zealand. I highlight five ways Paul describes this church as an “example”. (1 Thessalonians 1 )
The first few seconds of the message were not recorded so it begins in the middle of a sentence… but I think you get the idea.
BIG IDEA OF THIS MESSAGE: A healthy church looks a lot like a healthy family!
1. 1 Thessalonians 1:4-5 — The Power of being born in a loving family
2. 1 Thessalonians 1:6 — Children take on the heart of the parents
3. 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10 — In a healthy family children take on responsibility
4. 1 Thessalonians 1:3 — Children have to own their faith for themselves
5. 1 Thessalonians 1:7 — Healthy families have a reason to exist that is larger than themselves