What does Roy do as a coach?
- EXPLORING – Usually a person is referred by someone I have coached or a close friend. We discuss how they see coaching assisting them. If they choose we go on to me sending a Welcome packet. I coach men and women.
- The Welcome packet is in two parts (attached) The first one is my perspective on my role as a coach/mentor for them to keep and the second packet they complete and return to me.
- HOW ROY COACHES (NO RETURN)
- WELCOME PACKET (COMPLETE AND RETURN)
- INTAKE SESSION – Once I receive their Welcome Packet we set a time for an Intake session which often takes 1.5 hours. At the end of that session we decide on a rhythm for coaching sessions.
- Often we schedule sessions for 2x a month or 1x a month.
- Sessions are held face to face or by video chat.
- COACHING – Before the session the client sends me some questions or issues they desire to make the focus of the session. I prepared questions and resources I think may help.
- During the session we pray, I take notes and the client digs deep for insights which address their areas of concern or growth.
- After the session I type up the notes and add resources or ideas which surface as I reflect on the conversation. I store these notes in a secure folder on a cloud drive and send them to the client.
- We usually evaluate once every 3 months if we need to continue.
- FEE – No one is turned away. But if the client has resources available they often pay $150 per session or we set a rate based on their budget. If the organization is paying me to coach we receive $300 per session and travel expenses for one to two face to face visits in the client’s context. Every client receives unlimited email or short phone call support between sessions.
- Every client receives the same services regardless of their ability to pay. I have some clients who continue to send gifts so they can help me serve those who cannot pay. I have some clients who cannot pay on a per session amount but will send a gift periodically as they have funds.
- This table is current as of May 22. I have listed states or countries where the client resides and the number of active clients from there.
ACTIVE CLIENTS (MEET 1 OR MORE TIMES EVERY SIX WEEKS) STATE OR COUNTRY
1. Arizona 1
2, California 2
3. Egypt 2
4. Florida 1
5. France 1
6. Georgia 2
7. Illinois 2
8. Kentucky 1
9. New Zealand 3
10. Ohio 1
11. Pennsylvania 1
13. Rhode Island 3
14. South Carolina 14
15. Tennessee 1
16. Turkey 3
TOTAL AS OF 05/22/2020 39
WHAT ARE TOPICS FREQUENTLY COMING UP IN COACHING?
- SELF – CARE – Need to carefully examine their walk with Jesus and develop intimacy and renewal.
- LOSS – Processing losses through grieving
- GOD’S WILL Discerning God’s assignment as they go through a major transition or change in life season.
- RELATIONAL LOSS OF TRUST AND STRUGGLES Conflict resolution with family and/or other Christians
- DEVELOPMENT OF PEOPLE PERSONALLY AND IN MINISTRY SKILLS Being more effective in helping others around them be effective and vibrant Christ followers.
- BUILDING A PAID OR VOLUNTEER TEAM Staff assignments, searches and hires or terminations.
- LACK OF OUTREACH AND DISCIPLE MAKING – How to help a plateaued or declining congregation
- LACK OF CLARITY Correcting a drift in organizational mission
IF YOU WOULD TO SUPPORT OUR COACHING, MENTORING AND TRAINING WORK FEEL FREE TO ASK FOR DETAILS.