Every life-giving leader needs people around them as sources of encouragement, advice, and support. The broad term covering all the types of relationship and assistance God provides is GUIDES. This is a good term because our life is a journey.
A Travel AGENT sales you a ticket and helps book lodging from their desk using a phone and computer.
A Travel GUIDE has navigated similar journeys and takes the journey with you. Guides provide various ways of shifting or enhancing your perspective.
- The GUIDE uses their experience to provide direction in the journey you are making when you do not know the best way or really any way to move toward the destination.
- A GUIDE helps you see the journey including the attractions and the obstacles through their eyes of confidence and endurance when you are overwhelmed or fearful.
- The GUIDE shares their love for the foods, and other unique elements of the journey and you find your values shift and your level of appreciation moves from the MYSTERIOUS UNKNOWN to DIFFERENT, to APPRECIATING THE DIVERSITY.
Examples of assistance provided by GUIDES:
- Understanding of biblical truth — the ministry of teaching
- Revealing blind spots so the leader has more accurate perception and self-awareness — the ministry of discernment
- Challenge – calling out for courageous faith — the ministry of clarifying
- Confrontation – probing with questions to expose sinful motives and to call for repentance – the ministry of correction.
- Being a sounding board for processing options at a crossroads moment of decision – the ministry of listening
- Pointing out and affirming giftedness, skills, talents, and abilities that can be developed with focused coaching and practice – The ministry of development
- Lifting up the tired spirit with caring compassionate truth – the ministry of encouragement
And many more….
WHO ARE YOUR GUIDES GOD HAS GIVEN?
ARE YOU INTENTIONALLY RECEIVING THE OFFERINGS THEY PROVIDE?
ARE YOU PRAYING FOR GUIDES TO FILL THE HOLES WHEN SOME OF YOUR GUIDES ARE PROMOTED TO HEAVEN OR ARE OUT OF REACH?
One thought on “Our Guides — Constellation of Encouragers, Advisors and Supporters a Key to a Well Lived Life”
Nice picture – I like the sign behind you too!