We are helping to launch a new church in 2017. I have been praying over what should be the essential DNA of this new work. Here is my first draft. I WOULD WELCOME YOUR COMMENTS!
- Love One Another — What does that look like? See the 25 “one another” commands in the New Testament.
- Acts 1:8 — Assess our budget, schedule of events and effectiveness of every activity by its impact of being bold witnesses in the power of the Spirit — locally, regionally and to the ends of the earth.
- Prayer — is the only hope for a church to be more than an expression of serving God in our own strength. Prayer ministry must be priority, specific and personal.
- No One Serves Alone — None of us have all of the gifts needed for a ministry. We need each other. We will be a cluster of serving teams ranging in size from 2 to 8 people.
- Every Serving Team — Must have a reason to exist larger than the group needs or even serving congregational needs. Every team — must be making an external impact by having a Acts 1:8 witness.
- Every member, we call them apprentices, has freedom to Listen to the Spirit, Affirm what they discern the Spirit saying with two other believers, and then Obey the Spirit’s leading. We will not be top down directed. Apprentices Inform the executive leadership team after they obey.
All feedback welcome!