The Recent Past
I concluded 20 years of teaching at Columbia Intl University June 30,2016 and became Professor Emeritus.
Pandora retired in December 2016 after teaching in Special Education for over 35 years.
OUR NEW CHAPTER
In January 2017 God provided us with a home in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and helped us sell our home in Columbia. It was painful to leave friends, family and be a 3 hour drive from our Grandchildren. But often God calls us to let go to go forward.
In this journey God affirmed where we were to be (Market Common District of Myrtle Beach), but it has taken 4 months to clarify our role and contribution. We can now see some of God’s plan for how we can specifically be a part of his kingdom work. He has been working for the past 12 months to deepen our commitment to walking by faith.
This quote from Oswald Chambers captures it well.
“Faith is not some weak and pitiful emotion, but is strong and vigorous confidence built on the fact that God is holy love. And even though you cannot see Him right now and cannot understand what He is doing, you know Him. . . .Faith is the supreme effort of your life—throwing yourself with abandon and total confidence upon God.”
How Our Life Map Looks Now!
God has affirmed our strongest gifts and skills are in coaching and mentoring. You will see that theme in all of the facets of our work. Over the past year Pandora and I have used Acts 1:8 as a way to map and organize the assignment God is giving to us.
Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Jerusalem = Our local area
We are actively pioneering a church start based in the Market Common District of Myrtle Beach.
The Grand Strand is the 2nd fastest growing MSA in the US. 37 people move to Horry County every day and over half of them move into Market Common. People in transition are very open spiritually.
Prayer Items Locally –
- To grow the intercessory prayer ministry in prayer gatherings and walks.
- To discern the next steps in a partnership with the CMA (Christian & Missionary Alliance) and NCC (National Community Church). We are asking them to help us find and support at least 2 couples, age 30 to 50, who will move to Market Common with passion and skills for evangelism and a church start. Pandora and I will play a coach/mentor role with them. Until they arrive we will lay a foundation and create infrastructure.
Judea and Samaria = Our nation
We are serving as Coaches with Five Capitals to coach Church Leaders with a passion for greater effectiveness and vitality. (see http://fivecapitals.net/)
FIVE CAPITALS, is a global initiative working with business and church leaders in the areas of personal development, leadership skills and organizational growth. Pandora and I can join with them as coach/mentors. We would serve those in non-profit, church and mission organizations. Some of our clients can pay for coaching services and others need subsidy to have access to this customized service.
Prayer Items Regionally
- Pray Pandora and I can get to know the other Five Capital coaches around the country and receive referrals through their business leader coaching clients of church and ministry leaders who want to raise the quality of equipping and disciple making.
- Work with Brandon, the Founder and CEO of Five Capitals, to produce online courses which provide a taste, intro and overview for new people and additional courses to assist those who are in coaching relationships.
The end of the earth = Outside USA
We are serving as Coaches throughout the Middle East and North Africa with a focus on leadership development of the next generation.
Prayer Items — to the ends of the earth!
- Pray we can be effective when we are with our clients there and can continue to coach via video chat when we are in the USA.
- That God would use to raise up prayer, financial and volunteer support for this vital work that is spreading streams of living water in the Arab world
Ways You Can Help Us
PRAY for us often!!!! I will send out updates every few weeks to update the requests. If you like to receive this personal and specific information on our new ministry assignment we would welcome you to our team.
Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org